Ortofon now introduces tone arms to the North American market. There are two lines:
- Static tone arms: AS-212-S and AS-309-S
- Dynamic tone arms: RS-212-D and RS-309-D
Information about static tone arms :
- AS-212S(9”) from pivot to stylus
- AS-309S(12”) from pivot to stylus
- S shape tone arms developed for the Ortofon cartridges
- SME connection for SPU and head shell
- Adjustable antiscating(0 to 5 gram)
- Overhang is 15mm
- Offset angle is 22°
- Adjustable tone arm height
- Optional counterweight for heavier cartridge between 26 and 38 grams (SPU) is available
Information about dynamic tone arms :
- 9 and 12 inch, with dynamic balance graduated vertical tracking force (VTF) control through a new spring design.
- The new short wire spring, housed in the pivot case, eliminates unwanted vibrations in the tone arm.
- VTF in the range 0-5 grams can be precisely adjusted by means of the supplied digital force gauge.
- Anti-skate control adjusted by calibrated dial in the range 0-5 gram.
- Tone arm height, and thereby VTA, is easy adjustable on the tonearm base.
- Detachable head shell and tone arm cable, with standard SME-type connectors.